How to Style My Hair?

How to style my hair? This question is becoming of an increasing concern to me lately…

Where does it come from? I think it has to do with the changes I am going through lately…

You know, because I never went through a milestone to declare me as a woman or make me feel like a woman (meaning never became a mother or a wife at this old age of 33+), I never felt like one. Instead, I always remained a girl at heart and this feeling conveyed itself through different ways in me with my hairstyle being the most prominent.

So what is a girl’s hairstyle versus a woman’s hairstyle?

Well, quite simply, it is a ponytail and/or donut versus every other hairstyle.

If you know me personally, you certainly know my ponytail look. But if you don’t, imagine just a simple ponytail with middle-length dark hair. And that’s my look 90% of the time outside and in the remaining 10%, I let my hair fall down in rare occassions of date nights or events when I need to dress up and don’t have to do any focused thinking.

And when I am sitting still and thinking, especially working or studying, I HAVE TO have my hair tied up. Otherwise, the hair seems to be interfering with my toughts and I can’t think straight. Sounds strange? Well, that’s me!

And when I am at home, I usually have my donut on my head. And when I do, this is how I look. moving-animated-eyes-finger-pointing-down


Kidding! This one pointing-finger-down-animated-1


In fact, as I type this story, this is exactly how I look now. I took this picture right before sitting down to write. So it’s a real time picture.

And because they are special, I want to introduce you to two accessories of mine on this picture. The first one is the pair of lady bug earrings. Lady-Bugs-MoonThe reason why I am wearing them is that these days I need a lot of luck as I am venturing into new territories both at work and play. And the reason why this pair of earrings is associated with luck is that in Turkish language, the lady bug is called “Uğur böceği” or “Good luck bug” in English. So I believe in the Turkish version of the bug’s name and believing in the name and wearing these earrings brings me tons of luck.

And the next accessory that I wanted to introduce to you is the green necklace, which I call the “Summer” necklace.


When I wear this necklace, I feel that the Summer is inside me, with its full-blown colorful flowers, bright sunshine and the blue ocean. So lately at home, I am hanging around a lot with this necklace. And also, within the last one month I have bought several things with this summer color for my home. See the toilet bowl freshener below as an example. moving-animated-eyes-finger-pointing-down

20160503_184620 (1)

Coming back to my hair, I have an issue when I need to let it fall down ’cause then it needs styling. The problem is that when I have it styled at a hairdresser, my hair looks perfect for 2 days like below photos of Day 1 and Day 2 from the last week’s hairdresser visit.



Day 3 and I wash my hair, and then the issue starts… You know, I have some of the most sophisticated hairstyling equipments like the below hairdryer of Braun.


But no matter how hard I try, I can never style it to look perfect like one done by a hairdresser. For example, below hairstyle of mine looked so perfect when I left the hairdresser. But when I tried to do the same at home, I could never make the hair ends turn inwards…


So determined to learn the technique, last week I took the video of the styling process. And here it is for you and me to watch and learn from Jonas:

After taking this video, I haven’t watched it to study and apply, but I am hoping that I can learn something from the video…

But what if I can’t? What if I still can’t give my hair a satisfactory style? What then? 

Then maybe I just keep running around with my ponytail, looking and feeling like a girl and not like a woman?


“I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman”

I used to think
I had the answers to everything,
But now I know
Life doesn’t always go my way, yeah…
Feels like I’m caught in the middle
That’s when I realize…[Chorus:]
I’m not a girl,
Not yet a woman.
All I need is time,
A moment that is mine,
While I’m in between.[Verse 2]
I’m not a girl,
There is no need to protect me.
It’s time that I
Learn to face up to this on my own.
I’ve seen so much more than you know now,
So don’t tell me to shut my eyes.


I’m not a girl,
But if you look at me closely,
You will see it in my eyes.
This girl will always find
Her way.

I’m not a girl
(I’m not a girl don’t tell me what to believe).
Not Yet a woman
(I’m just trying to find the woman in me, yeah).
All I need is time (All I need),
A moment that is mine (That is mine),
While I’m in between.

I’m not a girl
Not yet a woman (not now)
All I need is time (All I need),
A moment that is mine,
While I’m in between.

I’m not a girl,
Not yet a woman.


Feel good! 


Leave a Reply